A New Home for King's High
For the first time in the long history of the Warwick Independent Schools Foundation, Project One Campus sees the move of King’s High School to the Myton Road campus, joining Warwick Preparatory School and Warwick School on one spacious, green campus.
State-of-the-Art Main School Building
The State-of-the-Art Main School Building houses large communal areas, specialist classrooms, pastoral bases and administrative functions. These include:
- The multi-functional school hall with capacity for the whole school and retractable bleacher seating for 300, will be equipped with a sprung timber floor, a full lighting rig, sound system, and blackout capability. It will be acoustically tuned, primarily for the spoken word, making it an excellent venue for drama productions.
- The dining hall, large enough to accommodate 270 covers in any one sitting and has been creatively designed as a multi-functional space, to accommodate receptions or meetings.
- Classrooms for the following curriculum subjects: Maths, Humanities, English, Classics, Modern Foreign Languages, Drama, Economics, Business Studies, Psychology and Computing.
- Pastoral bases for Years 7-13
- A suite of 10 fully equipped, class-sized labs
- Reception and administrative areas, including the School Office and Exams Office, Matron's room and sick bay
- Library and Innovation Centre, including a computer lab and seminar room
- Sixth Form seminar rooms for teaching of Economics, Psychology and Business Studies
- A new base for Modern Foreign Languages, including a suite of language rooms, each with capacity to be a ‘language lab’ for listening work, a language oral room and a Sixth Form language base.
- The Drama facilities will include a ‘black box’ studio space and a second studio with mirrors. Both drama studios will have sprung floors and changing rooms.
Sports Centre, Art and Technology Building
The Sports Centre will be attached to the current Bridge Sports Centre providing a new range of facilities including:
- A gym and fitness suite
- Changing rooms and locker rooms
Sports facilities will also be further enhanced by an additional suite of five netball and six tennis courts.
The Art and Technology teaching area will surround the current Bridge Sports Centre with:
- A new exhibition space
- 5 specialist Art areas, including a dedicated space for Sixth Form
- 2 full-size Design Technology workshops, including a CAD suite
- A Food Technology teaching room
High-Tech Music School
The State-of-the-Art Music School will be a shared resource with Warwick Preparatory School, allowing the youngest members of our school to also benefit from these brand new facilities.
- A fully fitted, acoustically designed auditorium seating 144
- A recital/practice room
- Three dedicated class teaching rooms, including a music technology suite
- A suite of 14 individual teaching rooms