State-of-the-Art Main School Building
The State-of-the-Art Main School Building houses large communal areas, specialist classrooms, pastoral bases and administrative functions. These include:
- The multi-functional school hall with capacity for the whole school and retractable bleacher seating for 300, will be equipped with a sprung timber floor, a full lighting rig, sound system, and blackout capability. It will be acoustically tuned, primarily for the spoken word, making it an excellent venue for drama productions:
- Classrooms for the following curriculum subjects: Maths, Humanities, English, Classics, Modern Foreign Languages, Drama, Economics, Business Studies, Psychology and Computing:
- Pastoral bases for Years 7-13
- A suite of 10 fully equipped, class-sized labs:
- Reception and administrative areas, including the School Office and Exams Office, Matron's room and sick bay
- Sixth Form seminar rooms for teaching of Economics, Psychology and Business Studies
- A new base for Modern Foreign Languages, including a suite of language rooms, each with capacity to be a ‘language lab’ for listening work, a language oral room and a Sixth Form language base.
- The Drama facilities will include a ‘black box’ studio space and a second studio with mirrors. Both drama studios will have sprung floors and changing rooms.
- Library and Innovation Centre, including a computer lab and seminar room:
- The dining hall, large enough to accommodate 270 covers in any one sitting and has been creatively designed as a multi-functional space, to accommodate receptions or meetings: